We are aware of our responsibility to mine resources sensibly. Our sustainability and social responsibility strategy is an integral part of everything we do.
We recognize that our business activities impact on individuals and communities, and that we have a responsibility to ensure that these people and communities benefit from opportunities such as employment, business development, education, training, or community investment across the long run.
We also recognize that our activity consumes resources and affects the global environment as a whole, and that we have a responsibility to reduce and eliminate harmful impacts and maximize the positive benefits.
We implement safe, environmental and social management practices in all aspects of our business.
We are committed to continually improving our environmental, safety and social performance.
Our sustainability strategy is based on four pillars:
- Cost effective investment
- Works that are technically appropriate
- Environmentally friendly practice
- Act with social responsibility
We aim to implement this strategy through:
- Implementing good corporate governance practice
- Implementation of environmental management systems in accordance with ISO 14001: 2015.
- Improve public relations by improving communication, supporting sustainable community development programs and establishing formal complaints procedures
- Respect for the human rights of our staff and our communities
Implementation of health and safety management systems based on the same standard as the OHSAS / BSI 18001: 2015 standard.
Clear statement of affairs and activities
As part of our social responsibility strategy, we place particular emphasis on corporate social responsibility projects that are specifically designed to help the communities in which we operate.